Most persons get so excited when placing a real estate website on the web that they forget to check out all the basics! Before you post your website or real estate website or WordPress blog you should have a checklist to ensure your real estate website / Blog can be found by the search engines, indexed, loads quickly, and do the job you intended it to do! Everything should be working as you expected before you publish! So with that in mind how about creating a small check list or do a dry run to see how worth your website is!
Real Estate Website Pre-Launch Checklist
- Determine Who is your Audience and determine if your content matches the target audience.
- Who are you going to host your site with? Are they reliable? Will they be able to handle your expected traffic?
- Are you going to use and IDX plugin? Any issues? Reviews or Complaints?
- Is your website compatible with other browsers mobile devices, cell phones or I-phones? That means that if a person uses another type of browser other than the type you used to create the website in will your website also work on that browser also?
- Have you titled your Page (s) for indexing? 60 – 66 Characters that accurately describe your page or work?
- Have you added a description to your Page? Not to exceed 150 characters and do not word stuff!
- Keywords – are not too important any longer – however…use wisely.
- Check all links both internal and external to ensure they are in working order.
- Proofread your web page or Blog for correct grammar, syntax or punctuation errors and then run a spell check for any misspellings. WordPress has a great Plug-in for this it is called “Broken Link Checker!”
- Sitemaps – does your website of WordPress Blog have a sitemap? Do not publish with out an updated sitemap that reflects your new content. Google XML Sitemap / Free XML Sitemaps
- Check your page load time – resize oversized graphics. A slow loading page due to content or scripts does not work! Pingdom Tools
- Optimize your site for optimal Performance!